Why should I use SoundSurfer?
- SoundSurfer has been created by acoustic consultants for acoustic consultants. It is the culmination of more than two decades of developing in house tools, with the input of the brightest acoustic minds.
- SoundSurfer is the result of this knowledge combined with expert software developers to create the most user-friendly software that all acoustic engineers can benefit from.
- It’s a web app that provides a quick, easy way to undertake complicated calculations.
- It’s quick to create a model, and quick to review it.
- It is intuitive to use.
- Visual representation better matches the design rather than calculations done in a spreadsheet view.
- It is better! The next step in improving your business and the way you look at mechanical noise and simple environmental noise calculations.
- Spend less time crunching numbers in spreadsheets and increase your revenue!
What algorithms does SoundSurfer use?
The equations used for each of the elements are based on a variety of sources:
- ASHRAE 2019
- NEBB 1994
- Bies & Hansen
- Standard acoustic equations.
These are outlined in:
- SoundSurfer in the Property Inspector Window
- SoundSurfer when you hover over the elements within the list on the LHS
- SoundSurfer help file
Can I export the calculations from SoundSurfer to include in a report?
In SoundSurfer you can create complicated models with inputs at different stages of the calculation path. As such, a clean export of calculation is not currently possible. Typically, only the results, rather than the calculations, are required to be presented within a report. This is similar to other modelling programs such as SoundPlan, Cadna, Insul, and the like.
If required, ways that the calculation path can be demonstrated is:
- Screenshot of the relevant model workspace e.g.
- Provision of the web link to the SoundSurfer model (ideally locked). e.g. Model
Can I backup SoundSurfer projects locally?
SoundSurfer uses Google Firebase. Cloud Storage for Firebase stores your files in a Google Cloud Storage bucket, making them accessible through both Firebase and Google Cloud. There is no need to store projects locally with Google. All project and user data is automatically backed up daily.
If needed you can save the web link to each model in your relevant project folder for reference.
Will SoundSurfer continue to function and be supported into the future?
Most definitely! As long as you continue your subscription, SoundSurfer will always be available for your use.
We have a team of developers, backed by a team of professional Acoustic Consultants, working on SoundSurfer to fix bugs and provide continual improvement.
Privacy & Safety
Is the project and user data backed up?
We currently use 2 databases in soundsurfer:
- Google Firebase Firestore
- Used to store all user profile data and soundsurfer project data except its noise data
- Daily automatic backups for all data
- Google Firebase Realtime database.
- Used to store the noise database data
- Daily automatic backups for all noise data
Will my data be private and safe?
I am experiencing a problem, how do I report it?
How do I submit feedback?
Free Trials & Purchasing
Can I trial SoundSurfer before purchasing?
Yes you can! All users can trial SoundSurfer for free until January 2023.
After this, you can sign up for a 14 day free trial.
How long does the trial period last?
From 2023 you are able to trial SoundSurfer for free for a period of 14 days.
What happens after the end of my trial period?
You will be automatically transferred to a monthly subscription. You are able to convert to a yearly subscription at any stage.
You can cancel your free trial at any time within the 14 day free trial period to avoid automatic conversion to the monthly subscription.
Cancellation & Refunds
Can I cancel my subscription at any time?
Yes. If you decide that SoundSurfer isn’t for you, you can cancel your subscription at any time.
If you have signed up for a monthly subscription, you will have access until the end of the paid month. If you have signed up for a yearly subscription, you will have access until the end of the paid year period.
I want a refund, is that possible?
SoundSurfer users a subscription format and no refund is available if you decide to cease use.
If you a first time user, you can have a free trial for a period to see if SoundSurfer is right for you and your company. If you are looking to save time, increase productivity and revenue, then SoundSurfer is your answer!
If you have any issues with SoundSurfer please contact us here.
What happens to my projects if I decide to no longer subscribe to SoundSurfer?
If you no longer want to subscribe to SoundSurfer, you will be able to access and read your previously created projects, but you will no longer be able to edit the projects.
More questions that haven’t been addressed here? Contact us here to start a conversation!